Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween!!

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays... I have always loved dressing up... and this year I got to dress up my little man. I am a horrible procrastinator and although I try to plan things out I usually wait til the last minute to finally get my crap together.... anyone relate?

Lyric was going to be a nerd for halloween...got the tie, high water jeans... couldnt find glasses to fit him... then charlie brown (there is not one yellow shirt left in San Antonio apparently) I was out all day 2 days before Halloween running around like a crazy person looking for a costume to get together! Ofcourse I am a DIY'er so I was pretty set on making a creative costume for Lyric...... BUT then, I gave up.


Party city... you would think they had a pre-packaged easy costume to buy... um everything was sold out in his size.... as I head to the accessory department looking like a mess I came across the only section that wasnt completely sold out.... "Rapper's and Pimps" totally appropriate for my 1 year old right??? Whavever, dont judge me. I got Lyric a grill (which he wouldn't even begin to keep in his mouth, #waste) Gold Chain, check. Had the red bandana and I realized he's starting to look like Tupac!! The hubs gave him some age appropriate ink with the washable marker and his uncle Hunter just happened to have bought him some Timberlands for his birthday (Crazy, I know! $80 baby shoes.... redic.) But they totally gave him a VERY last minute but very popular costume. He kept in on for about 10 minutes... just enough time for me to snap a few pics but then he was so over it.




So..... My lesson for you, don't freak about a costume for your kid, there are so many accessories to play with, also: don't wait til the last minute stupid. But if you do.... and the worst thing is that your kid has a half ass costume.. don't worry because if they are like my baby he won't even want to wear it!

Lyric was quite a hit in his get-up this halloween, I must say.... He makes a pretty cute Tupac.



No comments:

Post a Comment